As impact investors, capital is our primary organizing tool. However, we believe that achieving social equity and sustainability requires political and cultural change right alongside economic change--which in turn take both time and money.
Candide Group is not a grant-making organization and does not accept proposals, however we do make a small number of philanthropic and political contributions each year to holistically support the infrastructure needed for lasting change.
Additionally, we serve as volunteers on several non-profit boards in order to both encourage complimentary organizing work, and continually educate ourselves regarding community needs.
Organizations that have received support from Candide Group include:
- The Restaurant Opportunities Center, organizing over 25,000 restaurant workers nationwide to advocate for rights like fair wages and freedom from sexual harassment
- The Action Center on Race and the Economy (ACRE), a campaign hub for organizations working at the intersection of racial justice and Wall Street accountability, and host of the Responsible Endowments Coalition
- Seeds of Peace, training next-gen leaders in global communities divided by conflict
- National Mama's Bail Out, a collective effort from several organizations in the Movement for Black Lives to bring mamas home on Mother's Day, and call attention to the inequity of the US bail system
- Chicana Latina Foundation, providing college scholarships to Latina women regardless of immigration status
- Transform Finance, which builds a bridge between finance and social justice through ongoing investor and activist training and education
- Movement Voter Project: fund for local organizing in key 2018 state races